Friday, August 08, 2008

let the games begin

Thank you, everyone, for all of your lovely feedback on the Doctor! He's already become a part of the apartment. The best moment, though, was at Knitsmiths last week, when the guy from the video store walked by and, entirely out of context, saw the doll and exclaimed, "Oh my God, that's David Tennant! That's so awesome!" He totally made my day.

I was, of course, one of the people crazy enough to join the Ravelympics. It's a knitting event through Ravelry, in which we try to knit a challenging object or objects between the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympics. So they started early this morning--8 am here was 8 pm Beijing time--and I've been knitting most of the day. I joined Team TARDIS, of course, and, amusingly enough, the Sci-Fi channel decided to make it a special day for us by showing a Doctor Who marathon today.

And here's the project I cast on for the Ravelympics this morning:

Photobucket

It's the Hemlock Ring blanket by brooklyntweed. It's being done in Cascade 220, and it's supposed to be a wedding gift for a wedding this fall. And hopefully, I will finish it in the next seventeen days!

Oh, and my Doctor joined me for my day of Doctor Who watching as well...

Photobucket

He's a big fan of my rocking chair.

1 comment:

glitterboy1 said...

Hee! I wondered what you'd meant on Facebook, about spending the day with Doctor Who! That must have been fun.

Team TARDIS! Well, if any team can manage to fit a lot of work into a short space of time, it should be you lot! :-)

That blanket looks like it will be beautiful! (Is this the wedding that we're both going to?!)