Thursday, August 13, 2009

Think about it, lots of things you can do with a stopwatch.

Apologies for the long radio silence, folks.

Photobucket

As some of you know, besides being a Doctor Who fan I am also a fan of Torchwood and, in particular, of the pairing of Captain Jack and Ianto. So while watching Children of Earth last month nearly killed me it also gave me the motivation to add a couple more dolls to Who-verse collection.

So, I give you Captain Jack Harkness.

Photobucket

Pattern: Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman), same basic pattern as the Doctor dolls
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in natural, charcoal gray, silver gray, silver blue, and black, Red Heart Classic in brown, and Lion Brand Fun Fur in chocolate on US 6 needles

Photobucket

And without the coat:

Photobucket

And I give you Ianto Jones:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pattern: Ianto Jones, Ninja Teaboy (Gareth David-Lloyd)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in black, Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in natural, colonial blue, and burgundy, Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride in purple, Red Heart Classic in brown, and Lion Brand Fun Fur in chocolate on US 6 needles

Photobucket

And Jack and Ianto together, of course:

Photobucket

Though Jack is very disappointed to learn that neither his nor Ianto's trousers come off. I'm sorry, Jack.

And because the outfits I knit were based on a few of the season three promo shots, I also had to recreate a couple of the scenes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Unemployment may have given me just a bit too much free time. :)

9 comments:

Katie said...

I love these guys. I also was heartbroken watching Children of the Earth (I watched all 5 episodes in one night so the pain didn't last too long).

Kate said...

Dude. Slashy knitting. You are truly a fiber goddess.

glitterboy1 said...

Hee! Jack and Ianto do it in wool.

I also think that there's some significance to the idea that Jack is the same basic pattern as the Doctor.

Anonymous said...

I was sad about Ianto as well. They are good at getting rid of characters!

Anonymous said...

OMG I love them!! GREAT JOB!

*SQUEE* Jack has the Coat! :D The Coat looks great! I'm jealous, I've been trying to create a Coat pattern for my teddy bear and failing.

Monet said...

The recreated scenes are AMAZING. I cracked up at my desk! Thanks for that. xox

laurie said...

Wow--these are great...thanks for sharing

KnittyLynn said...

*sniffle*

Lili said...

These are fantastic.