Sunday, February 08, 2009

why can't my fat be as cute as this?

I wasn't planning to do more Doctor Who knitting right away, but I needed a quick project and I had a friend (who's a fellow Who-vian) who needed a little cheering up. And this was the result:

Photobucket

Pattern: Adipose, by mazzmatazz (pattern removed from the internet after dispute with the BBC)
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in white and a tiny bit of Paton's Classic Merino in black, on size 6 needles
Notes: I had this pattern saved from before the dispute and have been wanting to knit it for a long time. It's totally adorable.

If you don't know what an Adipose is, they're aliens from a season four episode of Doctor Who and are essentially fat-based. Here's what they looked like on the show:

Photobucket

And here's the one I made hanging out with some friends:

Photobucket

I think I need to make another one for myself!

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Oh my goodness that is Beyond adorable! Its (Cute Overload!)
I also wish my fat was that cute but I have no intention of completely dissolving into alien babies!

Kate said...

That is absolutely brilliant. And so are you...you're going to have a whole toybox of Doctor Who to play with soon.

Jane said...

He's adorable. What will be the next Doctor project?