Friday, April 22, 2011

baby talk

My friends are reproducing like crazy, so I've been doing quite a bit of baby knitting.

I even suppressed my dislike of colorwork for a whole sixteen rows to knit this!

Photobucket

Pattern: Fly Away Home
Yarn: Vanna's Choice in red and black on US 7 needles

And for the daughter of an old astro friend from college, I felt this was necessary.

Photobucket

Pattern: Stars, from Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in pink heather, and Vanna's Choice in admiral blue and yellow on US 7 needles

Photobucket

Tiny hats for tiny heads!

3 comments:

glitterboy1 said...

Awwww. They're sweet! I especially like the first one.

I hope that your friends (and their offspring!) like them, too. I'm sure they will.

Kate said...

Those are sweet.

Megan said...

Wow! Those both came out beatiful! I may be a bit partial...but I think a handknit baby hat is the best gift in the world!