Monday, January 21, 2008

Some pig!

Charlotte's Web is done.

Pattern: Charlotte's Web shawl
Yarn: Knit Picks Memories, 1.5 skeins in Rocky Mountain Dawn, 1.1 skeins in Yukon, on size 6 needles

While blocking:

Photobucket

And a bad shot taken with the self-timer, but you get the idea at least:

Photobucket

This was my first real lace project and I really enjoyed it. Chart reading is not my strong point--my brain doesn't work well in reading the symbols--but this was an eight row repeat that I actually managed to memorize. And it really wasn't difficult. I see more lace in my future.

And something I'd been waiting for arrived this week--my Stitch n Bitch 2008 Page a Day calendar. Does this look familiar?

Photobucket

Remember this?

Now back to work on my sock...

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Woo!! That is some pig! I mean shawl! Hooray!! It looks great! You'll have to bring it next time we meet up and we can do a photosession in my lovely hallway. ;-)

Kate said...

First your photo is in my Stitch 'n Bitch book, and now you're in the calendar! You are a knitting rock star.

And your shawl is absolutely gorgeous.

glitterboy1 said...

Oh, wow, that's a really beautiful shawl!

Thea said...

It did grow a bit, just right - it looks awesome! enjoy....

Amanda said...

YAY for CW!! It's BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!