Friday, July 18, 2008

a most satisfying project

Sometimes it doesn't take more than a simple pattern and a lovely yarn to help you remember why you love knitting.

Photobucket

This yarn had been sitting in my stash for a couple of months, and I picked it up last week when I wanted a project that didn't require any planning. And less than a week later, this is the result:

Photobucket

Pattern: Linen Stitch Scarf
Yarn: Mirasol Hacho, 2 skeins, on size 8 needles
Notes: This yarn comes in some glorious variegated colorways and I love both them, and the twist on the yarn. Linen stitch is really simple, but I love the woven texture it produces and how it brings out the colors in the yarn.

Photobucket

I think this is going to get a lot of use next winter.

Oh, and look what arrived in my mailbox yesterday:

Photobucket

More pretties to play with! (Though, it's official, the yarn diet starts now, after this splurge.)

4 comments:

Catherine said...

So purty!!!!

Amanda said...

ooh pretty!

i'm jealous of your wollmeise - i haven't been able to get any. ah, someday. it's beeeyooooteeeful!

Cassandra said...

all i have to say is: WOW!

Jane said...

I love the scarf! I have to agree on thens simple knitting with a beautiful yarn-so much fun!