Thursday, January 08, 2009

knitting for a new arrival

It's a new year, and a new little one is soon to be born, so I've been doing a storm of baby knitting. My favorite two-and-a-half year old, the Mouse, is soon to have a baby brother! I'm currently referring to him as the Mouseketeer. And here are a few things I've made for him recently.

Photobucket

Pattern: V-Neck Cardigan with Contrast Ribs, from Debbie Bliss's Baby Knits for Beginners, 3-6 month size
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Jungle Green (most of a skein) and Orange (small amount) on size 6 needles
Notes: Simple, quick knit.

Photobucket

Pattern: Kurbis baby hat (otherwise known as Pumpkin Hat)
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Orange and Jungle Green on size 3 needles
Notes: Very cute!

My teddy bear tried both of these projects on and liked them as well:

Photobucket

And one more baby project:

Photobucket

Pattern: Infant Socks, from the 2007 Knitting Pattern-a-Day calendar
Yarn: Regia Color 4-ply (remains from the Monkeys I knit for stariel) on size 1.5 needles
Notes: Also very fast.

So hopefully the little one will be warm in this cold winter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hee, I thought I recognized that yarn. ;)

Cute baby stuff too.

http://seenonflickr.wordpress.com/ said...

That pumpkin hat RULES.