Sunday, November 15, 2009

in which a namesake meets his inspiration

No, not David Tennant. Sorry, guys.

I did spend the weekend playing fangirl at the New England Fan Experience. Since I went by myself I didn't do a lot of the more social stuff, like the dance and costume stuff, but I wandered around the dealers' room and went to several panels (Corin Nemec has freaky skinny legs and John de Lancie really likes sailing) and saw the back of Leonard Nimoy's head as he was herded past.

But the main reason for my going was the presence of Gareth David-Lloyd, who played Ianto Jones on Torchwood. And also known as the inspiration for my Knit Ianto doll. Both the Ianto doll and the Captain Jack doll came with me this weekend, and I got lots of very nice compliments about them.

I went to both of Gareth's panels, and even did the photo session, which was a little bit awkward, but he was very sweet. And at the autograph session yesterday afternoon, I introduced Gareth to Knit Ianto. Amazingly he did not act like I was crazy (he's seen worse from fans) but was quite lovely about it. And he called me "angel," which may have been where my brain froze.

And the two Iantos together:

Photobucket

And since the photo session picture came out well--I am so not photogenic--I'll even post that one.

Photobucket

I think I like fangirling.

3 comments:

alison said...

Woot! It looks like you had a great time. That picture of you is terrific! We missed you today though. Hope we get all the details next week! :)

glitterboy1 said...

Aww!

It all sounds good - and that was a lovely thing of him to say. I'm not surprised your brain froze! :-)

Anonymous said...

fwoah, he's alright, isn't he?? Very jealous!