Friday, March 21, 2008

Play ball!

It's almost time for two of the most beautiful words in the English language: Opening Day. And, to celebrate, I've been participating in a Red Sox related swap over on Ravelry. And look what I got!

redsoxswap

The lovely Gumbygoogoo sent me a Red Sox decal, a card featuring the red seat, lots of chocolate yumminess, and a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy! What great treats!

And now that my partner, Beccalou has received her package, I can show you a little project I finished a couple of weeks ago.

red sox cat toys

Pattern: Red Sox Cat Toys, improvised by me
Yarn: Red Heart Classic in red and white, on size 6 needles
Notes: My swap partner had two cats so I wanted to make something fun for them as well. These were very quick and turned out really cute. Catnip for the stuffing was provided by the lovely Johanna.

Yay for fun swaps and baseball season!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

oh those little socks are awesome!
they'd make good keychains...

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you like the Sox care pack. Those kitty toys are the BEST. Nice work!