Sunday, September 07, 2008

a sewing interlude

I haven't disappeared, not entirely at least. I'm still working on the Hemlock Ring blanket, but I've reached the bind off row at least. It's going to take a while just to get through that, but soon, hopefully soon it'll be completed.

In the meantime, here's the first project I made on my new sewing machine. It's another sock knitting bag, for my friend Kate's birthday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It came out pretty well, and I'm still pleased with myself for figuring out how to wind the bobbin and thread the machine!

And now back to binding off!

3 comments:

glitterboy1 said...

Oh, pretty! And well done with tackling your sewing machine. I look at mine with barely disguised terror.

Kate said...

It's such a gorgeous bag. I have it with me right now, so I can work on my project over lunch.

http://seenonflickr.wordpress.com/ said...

That is utterly gorgeous - I love the fabrics you chose!