Monday, December 21, 2009

He respects Owl, because you can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right.

That's kind of how I feel about this project. I love the idea of it, but the final product--at least my version of it--less so. I've seen it look great on other people; me, not so much.

Photobucket

Pattern: Owls, by Kate Davies
Yarn: Berocco Air in geothermal (7 or 8 balls--I lost track) on US10 and US10.5 needles

Photobucket

I had to upsize the pattern to fit me, and I got the numbers right, but it's a pattern for bulky yarn, and the combination of bulky yarn and my body isn't a good one. The owls are cute, though.

Photobucket

But it's finished, at least, and I can move on to my next project with a clear conscience.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I think it looks nice (from the pictures you chose, who knows ... what do you think of the neckline?? I really really want one, but keep putting it off (can't find the right heathery yarn, iffy on the neckline, can't commit to a freaking project.. :)

Anonymous said...

Yours looks better than mine does on me. It's a nice concept but bulky yarn does not go with all body types.