Tuesday, April 06, 2010

baby in blue

Thanks to amazingly speedy service by the USPS and the Royal Mail, you're seeing this a lot sooner than expected!

The baby parade continues with Lizzie, who is due early next month. For this little one--who we've been told will be a girl--I made these goodies:

Photobucket

Pattern: Ballet Blossom Cardigan from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies, size 6-12 months
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Forget-Me-Not (1.5 skeins) on US3 and US5 needles

Photobucket

I didn't do the flower called for in the pattern but improvised a rose instead.

Photobucket

And instead of doing a tie around the back I put a button closure at the front, with a snap inside.

What I'm most proud of on this project is the seams. I've been knitting for six years but I've only just figured out invisible seams!

See, right side:

Photobucket

And wrong side:

Photobucket

And since it's going to be a spring/summer baby, I made another of the sun hats.

Photobucket

Pattern: On the sunny side, by Melanie Hoffman
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Coral Beaches on US7 needles

And booties, too, of course!

Photobucket

Pattern: Triange Edged Booties from Debbie Bliss's Quick Baby Knits
Yarn: Shelridge Farms Soft Touch Heather in Crocus on US2 and US3 needles

Photobucket

Welcome, little one.

No comments: