Tuesday, September 07, 2010

a little piece of fabric

I'd wanted to try Spoonflower for a long time. It's a company where you can design and print your own fabric. So, their Free Swatch Day this past month seemed like a perfect opportunity. I fussed around with a lot of ideas, but none seemed to work the way I wanted them to, so I started going through photographs.

This is a photograph I took in London two years ago:

Photobucket

I loved the set up of the picture, and all the things it brought together in one shot, but because it was taken at twilight and I didn't have a tripod, it was too blurry to be any good as a photograph. So I started playing with it in Photoshop, and I eventually had an image to submit.

This was my resulting 8x8 swatch:

Photobucket

I love it. I have no idea what I'll use it for, but it's just nice to have something I created like this. And hopefully someday I'll come up with something else to use Spoonflower for--they're great!

1 comment:

Steph said...

That is WICKED COOL.