Monday, February 04, 2008

Pretty pretty

I've got nothing to show you in terms of knitting right now (though I have been working away on a couple of projects) so, here, look at the pretty yarn...

I got this in a swap on Ravelry.

Photobucket

It's hand dyed merino/silk sock yarn. Aren't the colors lovely?

Then I went to big sale at A Good Yarn on Saturday with Catherine. Here's what I came away with.

2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Glenwood (I coveted the Baltic Sea as well, but they only had one skein left. At least I thought it was Baltic, but now I'm looking it up, and the color isn't the same. Hmm.)

Photobucket

3 skeins of Berroco Jasper, which I've been wanting to try.

Photobucket

And 3 balls of Cashsoft Aran, unearthed from the bowels of the sale bin.

Photobucket

Oh, wait, here's something I made. Catherine had a Super Bowl party last night, and I made cookies. Chocolate cookies shaped like pretzels, to be exact. I figured they were appropriate for a sports party. I'm a dork.

Photobucket

Recipe is from here.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

YUMMY yarn. And faaahbulous pretzel-cookies. Mmmmmmm.

Stella said...

Loved reading this thank yoou