Thursday, October 30, 2008

how I love those boys of summer

I've waited fifteen years to see images like these:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(borrowed from several websites)

In 1993 I fell in love with baseball and with the Philadelphia Phillies. That year was full of highs and lows (I still cringe when I hear the name "Joe Carter") but my love for the sport and the team stuck. And last night, the Phillies won the World Series. It was a beautiful sight.

At the beginning of the World Series I realized that I would have a minimum of four games worth of knitting time, and I should probably start a new project to work on. I didn't expect to finish it--and I didn't--but I got a good amount accomplished, so here's a work-in-progress peek at my Opulent Raglan:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm calling it my World Series sweater. And what a World Series it was. Yay Phillies! Phinally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On a non-knitting note, Cole Hamels is a real cutie! A well deserved MVP and he seems like a nice guy.
Gayle