Monday, June 29, 2009

all pinked up

After a month of knitting miles and miles of stockinette, I finally finished my summer sweater last night.

Photobucket

Pattern: Skinny Empire, from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard
Yarn: Lily Chin Chelsea in pink (7.75 skeins) on US3 and US4 needles
Notes: Extended the sleeve length from cap to elbow, and added ruffles to ends of sleeves.

Photobucket

I feel kind of mixed about this sweater. The top part fits okay, and the empire waist hit at a decent point on me. But the bottom part is really too large. The whole thing could stand to be about a couple of inches smaller all around. But I fell between two of the listed sizes and went with the larger size for knitting. So I'll wear it, but it's not exactly what I hoped. Though I do like the neck ruffle.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kate said...

That's a lovely pattern for a summer sweater. And a very pretty summery pink, too.