Friday, June 26, 2009

a sugar free treat but just as sweet

A co-worker of mine has been really good about following his no-sugar resolution this year, except when I bring in cupcakes that I've baked. He also likes to (jokingly) tease me about my constant knitting. So when I saw a pattern for a knitted cupcake, there was no way I wasn't making it for him!

Photobucket

Pattern: Cupcake Pincushion, from Spud and Chloe
Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in burgundy and white, and Red Heart Classic in red, on US6 needles
Notes: I omitted the pincushion part and put the bottom of a plastic water bottle in the base to help it hold its shape.

Photobucket

Sweet!

1 comment:

glitterboy1 said...

Aww, sweet indeed! And that was a good idea with the bottom of the bottle, too. I hope he's pleased with it!