Wednesday, October 11, 2006

more bookbinding, plus music

Bookbinding class is over, alas. I wish I could spend every Saturday there. Here is the last book that I finished in class:

The book itself is okay--I made the joint too small--but what is most important about this volume is what is in the next picture:

That's one of the headbands. And I sewed both of those myself. They're not very good, but I managed to do them, and I was the only person in my class who actually did them. They take a lot of patience and, in my case at least, a lot of cursing.

And, for amusement, here is a picture from the concert I went to on Monday night:

That's Jenny Lewis, of Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins. She's also the lead singer of Rilo Kiley and I've been a fan of hers since I was a kid, from her work in Troop Beverly Hills and Friendship in Vienna and Brooklyn Bridge. The concert was fabulous, and I highly recommend checking them out if you ever get the chance.

No comments: