Tuesday, November 21, 2006

a jumble of things

Last week, I went over to Catherine's to dye yarn with her and Ariel. Ariel and I both did a couple of skeins of sock yarn and Catherine did yarn she had frogged from a sweater. We used Wilton's icing colors, plus Catherine used some Kool Aid.

Here is Catherine's yarn being dyed, and yes it does look like raw meat. She was going for a burgundy/wine color which came out a more dusty rose.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are a couple of pictures of my first skein being dyed. I was going for a "tulip" colorway, in red, pink, yellow, and green.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here's the finished skein!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My second skein I handpainted with violet and royal blue. The blue was originally fairly light, so a couple of days ago, I put the entire skein in a pot of royal blue to see how it would come out. I'm pretty pleased:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And now some random shots. I went for a walk along Comm Ave this weekend on a gorgeous fall day to take pictures of my starry scarf for the calendar. And here is a photo I took along the way:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here is a picture of the pumpkin pie Ariel and I (she did the crust, I did the filling) made for Catherine's Thanksgiving party:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

2 comments:

megan said...

What are you going to make with that beautiful, happy yarn? And what sort of yarn is it?

One day, when I finish the baby blanket...

ZantiMissKnit said...

Wow, I love those bright colors! I can't wait to start dying yarn!