Thursday, May 15, 2008

Post #100, or, Mike Lowell is awesome

It's my 100th post! I'm a little sad that only six people have so far entered my little contest. You still have until 11:59 pm this Friday evening to get your entry in--all it takes is a comment on the contest post!

I spent the overwhelming majority of today sitting on the floor in front of the Barnes and Noble in the Pru. But it was worth it since, after five hours, I got Mike Lowell to sign my copy of his autobiography, Deep Drive. The day was a lot of fun; I made some friends in line (the girl behind me and I decided that the next Red Sox player to write an autobiography should be Manny Ramirez and that we would pay good money for an audio version of him reading it) and got quite a bit of knitting done. But the best moment were the ten or so seconds I got at the table. Some pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The rules for the event were clear: they would only sign the book, you couldn't get pictures with them, and they wouldn't personalize the copies. So, each copy was just being signed with "Mike Lowell". But when I got up there, I told him that I just wanted my copy personalized since I have the same name as his daughter. He grinned, said "Okay!", and I ended up with this:

Photobucket

Mike Lowell totally rocks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexis that is so awesome!!! I was in B&N at Downtown and couldn't figure out why they didn't have any copies of his book... I guess they were all at the Pru! I've heard it's a really great book (all Lowell hotness and awesomeness aside). Thank you for sharing those pics!

Unknown said...

I am sooo jealous.

Psyched2Knit said...

WOW! That is so Fabulous! I am so jealous too!

felinity said...

Aww! Lucky you, what a nice guy.

Congrats on your 100th post!

(I was going to post a comment on your competition post, but felt a bit guilty about only posting because it was a competition etc...)

Amanda said...

Happy 100th! That is SO COOL - GO SOX! :)

pigbook1 said...

wow. he is smokin' hot. you are so lucky!

kim said...

Great pictures Alexis! Go Sox!

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th post, by the way!!

alison said...

Love Lowell! Go Sox!