Thursday, May 01, 2008

I put a monkey on a pedestal

I went to see The Drowsy Chaperone again on Tuesday night, having gotten a half price ticket that morning. I enjoyed it just as much the second time. The only major change was Jennifer Swiderski, instead of Georgia Engel, playing Mrs. Tottendale. She was quite good, and I was especially surprised to find out later that it was her first time performing the role on the tour! The only part of it that threw me a bit, after having seen Georgia the week before, was the age difference between the two actresses. And no one can get quite the same tone and inflection on "You poop" as Georgia (who was off in Chicago doing the Oprah Winfrey show). But Jen was really good, too, and I enjoyed her performance.

I did go to the stage door, again, to talk to Jonathan Crombie. You know, the guy doesn't know me from Eve, and he probably thinks I'm a little crazy--I wouldn't blame him. But he was so genuine, and sweet, and he went out of his way to be incredibly nice to me--probably far nicer than this silly girl deserved--and I hope he knows how much I appreciated it.

-----------------------------------------

Spring is again showing its face in Boston, and I've been wandering around with my camera quite a bit. I've ended up with quite a number of tulip pictures. I love tulips--their appearance is part of what tells me spring is really coming. Someday I'd love to get to the Keukenhof while it's in bloom. But here's a taste of spring as it looks around here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spring makes me feel at times like almost anything is possible. It's a really nice feeling.

2 comments:

glitterboy1 said...

Those are lovely photos, thank you!

I really should try and catch some of the flowers and blossom here, too. They're looking beautiful in the sunshine (and, er, not quite so good in the pouring rain that keeps happening without warning. Sheesh!)

It says a lot about Jonathan Crombie that, after a hard evening's work, he takes the time to be so sweet to an almost complete stranger. Yes, ok, he's not going to be rude, but he didn't have to be as nice as he was. That's good.

Blinds said...

I found your page through a comment on one of my pages. I thought the coincidence was too weird not to note. Check out my blog entry: http://angelasboringlife.blogspot.com/2008/04/2nd-cousin-love.html