Thursday, April 19, 2007

Green Tea Raglan

Another neverending WIP finished! I weaved in the last end at 12:30 am last night.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pattern: Green Tea Raglan, from Interweave Knits, Spring 2007
Yarn: 7.5 skeins of Patons Country Garden DK in Ginger, which I got at the Knitsmiths swap
Needles: size 7 for the body, size 6 for the sleeves
Modifications: Where to start? The pattern called for the body to be in seed stitch and the sleeves in stockinette. Instead, I did about ten rows of seed stitch at the bottom of the front and back and did the rest of the body in stockinette. I also sized up the pattern to better fit me, and eliminated the belt called for in the pattern.

And here's a lousy self timered shot of me wearing my new sweater!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have a feeling my next project won't involve so much stockinette...

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like the saga of the Cambridge Jacket. That thing will be the death of me.
It came out beautifully - love the neckline, and it's so flattering on you! :)

Unknown said...

Very nice! It looks great on you!

So... how did you make your banner, and do you want to make me one?

megan said...

Gorgeous! And the sweater looks great on you.

Marcia said...

I love that neckline. The sweater looks great -- so great that now I want to make one.

Catherine said...

wowee! it looks fab!! and it didn't really take all that long right?? i mean, at least not as long as it took me to finally start my hourglass, knit it, then rip it all out...

that pic of you is so cute, it's like you are on your first day to school. :-)

Thea said...

cool Alexis - looks a little like a customized Hourglass - the neckline is really nice.

Kate said...

It looks fabulous and that's a wonderful photo of you!

alison said...

WoW, it looks great on you! Very pretty. Nice job! :)